There are always things to learn. I want to know more about more things. I also want to do better at the things I do. I want to just be better. I don’t think I’m progressing fast enough though.
I realized a long time ago sometimes I have to stop, look back on what’s been going on and realize how far I’ve come. How much things have changed. A little credit, if you will. Two weeks ago, August 22, I turned 50.
And I’ve come a long way. Baby.
Thanks to the inspiration that came from Karen of Dreamin the Life blog , who, by the way, does not even know me. I also stole wisdom from many others because they helped me to know what my truth is. Hopefully I’ll word everything properly so it makes sense.
(Note: Many of these lessons have been acquired from other sources along my journey, and are not original thoughts.)
1. The first pancake always turns out badly.
2. I don’t have to get along with everyone, or make everyone like me.
3. Love makes me stupid.
4. I always have at least 2 choices, even if I don’t like the choices.
5. Sometimes even women need to learn to MTFU.
6. Most people operate out of selfish motivations.
7. It’s rarely about me.
8. Diet Pepsi is evil.
9. It’s okay to break the rules, as long as you are good enough not to get caught, and you aren’t hurting anyone.
10. “Be kinder than necessary ’cause everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.”
11. There’s three sides to every story; his, hers, and the truth.
12. Time doesn’t heal anything; it’s what you do with that time.
13. Complaining and blaming other people doesn’t help anything, and makes for miserable company.
14. Everything in my life is my responsibility.
15. I train people how to treat me.
16. There’s always hope.
17. I can always be grateful for something.
18. I’ve never made a mistake because I learned a lot of lessons.
19. My brain is complicated but not unmanagable.
20. Showing emotion is not a sign of weakness. Knowing when it’s appropriate is a skill.
21. Google can answer anything.
22. Being silly is one of my favorite qualities in a person.
23. Honesty is always the easiest route. It shouldn’t have to hurt though.
24. You should never stop learning, or trying to be a better person.
25. Worrying is useless, unless it motivates you to take action.
27. There is only fear, and love. And one of them is way more fun.
28. Love seems to be way over-rated
29. Verbalize what my relationship means to me – to my lover, my kids and also to me. Listen.
30. Support my children’s dreams
31. Hold your children as much as you/they want while they are young. They grow fast.
32. I’m responsible for the two wonderful children I have and acknowledge my role in raising them.
33. It’s real easy to kick myself when I’m down.
34. I’m a lot stronger than I ever thought possible.
35. I am more vulnerable than I could imagine.
36. I have many talents that haven’t been developed yet.
37. I love to write so much I get lost in it.
39. Beautiful words will last a lifetime with me.
40. I love it when the man I love hugs me from behind and whispers in my ear.
41. I’m terrified of becoming my mother even though I admire her.
42. I’m more forgiving than I should be.
43. I don’t like to be told what to do.
44. I cook better than I realized.
45. I’m impressed when people ask me for my advice.
46. Discussion of ex-gf’s and ex-bf’s should be avoided at all times.
47. It’s cheating as soon as a man is doing something with another woman that he wouldn’t want me to see, hear, read…
48. Banks are people too!
49. Dieting does not work for me.
50 Life isn’t fair.
Good thing I’m just 50. Whew, that took some work and soul-searching. Thank you to every person I love, who has taught me something, or encouraged me along the way.
Feel free to add to the list in the comments below.